Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Country, ya'll?

Well at least we're getting it out of the way early. My deepest apologies to the country lovers. I'm not one of you. I have had my moments when I've been on the bandwagon, but it's been years... I do love me some Carrie Underwood, though.

I'm also tuning in late since my little bundle of orney is boycotting bedtime.

I'm picking it up with....

Alexis - Jolene

I'm not overly impressed. Maybe because I don't love the song? Well - the judges seem to be underwhelmed, too. And then there's Paula, who PS, should cover those up.

Danny - Jesus, Take the Wheel

What!?!? Heck yes. I'm loving him. I'm loving what he did with it. Slow start though.

Anoop - You Were Always on My Mind

Hmmm.... Not too bad. He really can sing. Wow. The judges are RAVING. Good for you, Noop Dog!

Megan - Walking After Midnight

I know a lot of people don't like her. I really do. Love is too strong a word, but I do like her. I've always been a fan of quirky. I think she did really good. I never would have guessed that she was sick! Not sure on the dress. Eek.

Matt - So Small

Holy Chicken Skin, Batman! (read: goose bumps) Dude. THAT is why he's one of my favorites! Go Matt!!!!! Could we have an idol from the great state of Michigan? ::Beats fist to chest::

Okay. Now for the ultimate in anti-climactic Idol watching. I get to watch the first half on TiVo. We know they always save the best for last, so here's hoping for something good...

Michael - Ain't Going Down Til the Sun Comes Up

How is he doing this? Great Scott! Impressive. I can't wait to hear what the judges say. Oh Simon, boo.

Allison - Patty Loveless - Whatever it's called.

How did I miss that she's 16? I must have known that. Wow. Can I just say, I'm glad they are digging out the dusty ones, because if they were choosing current country, I probably would have gone to bed by now. You know how I feel about not knowing the tunes. Her mom looks like Martha Stewart! And I think it's precious that she kind of cries every week. Awww.

Kris -

All I can think of when I see this guy is how much he looks like Pastor Adam. Weird. He is a very good singer. I liked seeing him without the guitar. Or geetah, as Simon would say.

Lil - Independence Day

This must have been so difficult for her. The verses were painful. Way too out of her element. She can sing, but this wasn't her night. I'm sure she's not a bit surprised by that fact.

Adam - Ring of Fire

First. Someone needs to tell Randy Travis that different does NOT equal wrong, and while nail polish on boys may not be run of the saw mill in Nashville, the boys these days sometimes wear a lot more than just that. Get over it. Okay - now I will un-pause and see if Adam is brilliant this week or not.

Can he work the camera or yeah? Woah, I'm loving this. Okay this kid is crazy good. Make a record right now so I can buy it. Now. This sort of thing is what made me love David Cooke last year. You never knew what you were going to get, but you knew it would be good. Different equals right, for me. I do wonder what Randy is thinking. (Well, ask and you shall receive. He's *still* speechless. Well at least his momma taught him if you don't have anything nice to say... Simon's momma? Not so much.)

**I just watched this again, and I loved it as much the second time. I was also reminded of the Beat Boxin' Boy from a couple of years ago. What was his name? I swore I'd never forget it. I also swore I'd buy his CD, though I didn't. Sadly, by the time they get the album out, I've moved on with my life... What was his name? BLAKE LEWIS! God bless you, google. Anywho - that's what I loved about Blake, too. He did super cool things with songs you'd heard a million times. I did buy his version of Keep Me Hanging On off iTunes.

And one last thing, in defense of Adam (who is in a three way tie for my top fave. Adam/Danny/Matt - thumb wrestle for it boys.) If he had come out getting his twang on they would have massacred him for it. Lil tried it. It blew up in her face. You saw the mushroom cloud. She did a good job, sang well - but it wasn't "her". I say good for you, Adam.

Okay. Enough already.

Scott - Wild Angels

I also wish I could play the piano like that. Gracious. I wish someone would tell Simon and Paulafunkle that this is a "singing competition" and not a fighting competition. If they would hush and get to the point, everyone could sing two songs. Sheesh. That being said, I am a little bored with Scott. It does sound the same every week. I don't know if it's because of the piano or poor song choices.


Well, there it is. Another week gone by. I'm loving this season. I watch A LOT of TV right now. (In my defense, okay I have no defense.) My point - I watch a lot of the TV and I"m super excited about most of the shows I watch - but I start thinking about AI on Friday night and am about to stroke out by the time Tuesday gets here. I'm. Loving. It.

Loving it.

If you'd like to hear what others are saying, check out Boo Mama. She's a hoot.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Danny, Matt, and Adam are the best 3 guys. No doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt so lost, so alone while reading this post. I couldn't empathize with any of it. How terrible for me, right? Alas, I should mention I haven't watched AI this season...*sigh*...Oh but you did say "I'm. Loving. It" and it drew to mind McDonalds...dang...why did you have to do that. I'm hungry and boy that sounds good...it's about the only thing that doesn't set my little digestive system into a tizzy. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Adam has been a fave of mine from the beginning, but what he did last night was just WRONG! And I'm a HUGE David Cook fan- he made it different, but different GOOD. Adam made it different CREEPY. ;)

    ReplyDelete