Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol, Top 10

I can't even express how excited I get on American Idol night.

Yay!

Ah, the glory days of Detroit. My how things have changed.

What???? The top 10 came to Detroit? Why was I not informed? That's driving distance, my friends. Unbelievable.

Anyway.

Who will be first up?

Matt - Let's Get It On

YES! I love this song.

Here we go! Oh my word. PhEnOmEnAL. I might have to download that one.

*I'm having a little bit of a hard time concentrating on the performance and blogging at the same time. Plus, although I used to sing, I never knew a lick about the technicalities. So aside from love it or hate, I don't know a whole lot of what else to say.

Kris - How Sweet It Is

He's not my favorite but after last week and everyone raving? I'm paying very close attention. He sings well, he's a cute kid, I agree with Smoky - people who can play and sing are awesome. But. I find this Kris fellow dreadfully boring. Don't hate me, I just do. Bla bla bla, Paula. Bla bla.

Love the bus stop comment, Simon.

Scott - You Can't Hurry Love

Hmm.... I'm predicting that I'm not going to love this. I feel like he chooses the strangest songs. Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised. I feel like he was dead on for pitch, he did interesting things with the song. Okay - am I about to say this? I agree with Paula, the singers being close made it much better. Simon must have heard me. Wrong songs, week after week. The truth is the truth is the truth.

Does he know that he doesn't have to explain himself each week? I don't like it. Please make it stop. Ryan - stop encouraging it. Gah!


HA!!!! Crayons. That's an insult to 6 year olds? Hilarity ensues on American Idol! I think Paula hired a writer.

Megan Joy - For Once In My Life

I think her novelty is wearing off for me. Zoiks, is she horribly off key? Oh no. She's attempting real dancing. I think? Oh, sweet mother of pearl this is a train wreck. I predict that Paula says she's purty, though. YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST!!! I swear I typed train wreck while she was STILL SINGING. Randy - you're stealing my material. And hello - can I read Paula's mind or yeah? That's actually a smidgey disturbing.

Hannah Montana The Movie? Heaven help us. How old is she? I'm assuming she'll be old news by the time Chloe would be interested. Please, Jesus.

Anoop - Oooh, Baby Baby

Woah. Based on the clip, I think this is going to be really good. He has such a rich tone to his voice. What a great song choice for him. Nice work, Anoop! I agree with Cara. I feel like I'm just learning what he's capable of.

Michael - Ain't Too Proud To Beg

I don't like this guy. I don't have time to mince words, my ice cream is melting this very moment. My prediction is he sings this again tomorrow. Okay - let me rephrase my first statement after he "Yes, ma'ams" Paula. I really like this guy, I just think he is a mediocre performer, at best.

Does anyone else love Cara? I really like what she brings to the judges table. Unbiased, intelligent, coherent feedback. What a concept.

Dear Anyone Who Is Or Will Be On American Idol, Please don't say the thing about the phone book anymore. Thank you.

Can I get a witness?

Lil - Heat Wave

I think I might be over her. She can sang, no question. Is anyone else bored, though? It is fun to see what she'll do with her hair. I can't wait to hear the judges take on that. I found it boring. (In my best Simon Cowell voice.)

*As an aside - I got the spoon that went down the disposal. It really ruined an otherwise lovely ice cream experience.

Adam - Tracks Of My Tears

Smoky - Tender? Soft? Sweet? Seriously?

Oh dear. What has Adam done with his hair? Did he catch wind of what everyone was saying about the girl haircut? Alright, let me just say this. If he does something that's totally not him and then they dog him for it, I'm going to flip furniture over. The only furniture available is my own, so I won't be setting fire to it.

Can anyone claim he doesn't have a BEAUTIFUL voice? And wouldn't you say his pitch is SPOT ON? And Smoky Robinson stands up. I rest my case. I won't be pulling any muscles with the furniture flipping. Sigh of relief.

One last thing - either he is an Oscar worthy actor or he is very humble. I love how he receives feedback from the judges. I know a lot of people think he's second cousins with you know who, but I just really think he's a great guy. Did anyone else count Cara's words?  It was 8, friend.  Not 6.  Not to worry, math ain't my thang, either.

Danny - Get Ready

Eek. Too much bizarre running around the stage. Oh, no no no with the awkward dancing. Danny. Please just sing. This was beyond corny for me. I agree with Simon. I'm loving his hair. Danny's, not Simon's.

You always know that the closer will blow it out the box.

Allison - Papa Was A Rolling Stone

I can't wrap my brain around the fact that she's 17. What the what? That last note was freaking amazing. That girl is crazy good.  She reminds me of Kelly Clarkson on many levels.

Okay Simon and Paula both need a time out. Honestly.

Motown Night was a smashing success!

7 comments:

  1. I totally get what you are saying when comparing Allyson to Kelly Clarkson. EXACTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't. agree. more. And yes, it was EIGHT! Although I hate that Kara made that mishap b/c I really do like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually watched this last night...only from about 9:15 on though. So I got to see Lil and then rest of them. I am amazed that the last girl is only 16!!! OH MY WORD! Or in your case, oh my WHAT! LOL (You said she was 17 though so I may have that all wrong, I just heard the judges call her 16 last night?)

    And I really liked the guy with the slicked back hair...he did a great job on all those high notes. I don't know technical terms either...high notes, low notes, whatever.

    Dude, the moustache marker thing was hilarious...I couldn't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing, so funny. You made me laugh at the 8 words not 6 but math aint my thang either. Great post, thanks, love your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your recap! Besides the fact that I agreed with every word, it was just fun to read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with just about every bit of this - and you cracked me up to boot! Love Matt. So over Lil' Rounds. Think Adam has an amazing range, but not 100% sure about him.

    ReplyDelete