Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cleaning Out The Dresser - Down and Out

Do you collect socks? I do. I'm not sure why. It might be a sickness.

I also get on undie kicks. I find a certain style of undies, and then I end up buying 20 pair, because I can't stand to wear anything but the new super comfortable style. Good thing I have no interest in Victoria and her obnoxiously priced Secret. I'm more of an Old Navy or TJ Maxx girl when it comes to unmentionables.

The result is a dresser that is busting at the seams.

What works for me when I need to clean out that dresser is the down and out method. Items that I no longer wear, but really don't want to part with go to the bottom drawer. After something lives in the bottom drawer for a while with out being used, I know it's safe to pitch it , donate it or sell it. Out it goes.

Down and out. It works for me.

For more great tips, visit We Are THAT Family.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I need to do something for my room. I keep a 2 boxes in my girls room, one for consign and the other to give away. But, my room is another story. ;)

    Thanks for visiting...come back anytime! That recipe is super easy and super good!

    Blessings,
    lana
    www.ilovemy5kids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have some down items that need to be thrown out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me to go through my sock and undie drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea, if you don't miss it then it's safe to assume it won't be missed on a permanent basis either!

    ReplyDelete