Thursday, July 29, 2010

Running Just As Fast As We Can

Oh, that title makes me giggle... For countless reasons, not the least of which is how slow we actually run. Whenever I mention that I'm running, I say that it's neither far nor fast, and that is a very accurate assessment. Today, while we were running I was thinking, if I ran any slower I would be walking backwards. Needless to say, if someone were chasing me, they would not have to exert much energy to catch me.

But I've stuck with it for an entire MONTH! Did you hear that? I have been consistently running for a whole entire complete 30 day month.

That's a big deal, yo.

Here's another one. I'm thinking of trying to lose 10 pounds. A friend of mine wants to lose 10 pounds by October 9, but I think I'd rather shoot for 10 by 10-10-10.

I'm a sucker for a gimmick.

I'm not, on the other hand, a sucker for a diet. I think I've talked about it over the years, but I've never actually committed to a diet before. See, here's the thing, home girl likes to eat. So this new development could be just as monumental as the new adventures in running.

Feel free to quiz me on my chocolate intake at any time. I will confess that I bought a carton of Ben and Jerry's yesterday, and I do plan to eat it. Hopefully not all in one sitting... It's on this list and well, I haven't been able to find it anywhere, so when I saw it yesterday and it was on sale, I completely disregarded the little diet conversation I had just had. Lack of follow through is somewhat of a gift with me...

Wish me luck. And check back often. I love to tattle on myself, so I'm sure it will make for some entertaining posts. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you are doing so good Rach! I'm proud of you!! I know how you were lacking that ambition a few months ago (when *I* needed you, hahaha!) and now I am sorely lacking it. :o(
    Are you training for a 5K yet? (Ya know that "couch to 5K" plan where you do a bit of walking, a bit of running, and build up your stamina?) That is the plan I want to do if it ever cools off enough and you can't cut the humidity with a knife. :o/
    Missin' you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Rachel. You know they say it takes 30 days to create a habit, so congrats to you for doing so!!!

    ReplyDelete