One of my favorite blogs for delicious recipes is Cooking During Stolen Moments. I've never made one of her recipes and regretted it. One of my all time favorites is this Southwestern Rice Salad. It is such a departure from the typical summer salads. If you're like me and are a little burned out on the classic potato and pasta salads, you will LOVE this!
Southwestern Rice Salad
- 1 can black beans
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 5oz. can diced green chilies
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 t. cumin
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 c. fully cooked brown or white rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, black beans, corn and chilies.
- 2. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and seasonings. Add to the other mixture and stir to combine.
- 3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors start to develop.