Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Southwestern Rice Salad

One of my favorite blogs for delicious recipes is Cooking During Stolen Moments. I've never made one of her recipes and regretted it. One of my all time favorites is this Southwestern Rice Salad. It is such a departure from the typical summer salads. If you're like me and are a little burned out on the classic potato and pasta salads, you will LOVE this!

Southwestern Rice Salad

  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed
  • 1 5oz. can diced green chilies
  • 1/2 c. mayonnaise
  • 2 t. cumin
  • 1 t. chili powder
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2 c. fully cooked brown or white rice

  • 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, black beans, corn and chilies.
  • 2. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and seasonings. Add to the other mixture and stir to combine.
  • 3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors start to develop.

Click here for a super yummy bean salad, and click here to see all the other great recipes at We Are That Family.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds good! I have some similar recipes, but it would be great to try something just a little bit different. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to say...I've made this like six times since you posted it, LOL! LOOOOVE IT!!! Gets great reviews too! I'm making some more today for a dinner party! ;o)

    ReplyDelete