Friday, July 2, 2010

This Little Piggie Is Delicious

When I was little I spent a lot of time with my maternal grandmother. She was the picture perfect grandma. She got down on the floor and played, she told the greatest stories, loved to play cards and games and best of all - that woman could cook and bake.

I made a chicken pot pie for dinner the other night and had some leftover pie crust and it made me think of my Gram. She would always take the excess crust and make what she called "piggies" with it.

They are so simple and so delicious. I hadn't done it in ages, and they were so good, I just might be making a full batch of pie crust just for the piggies sometime soon!

All you do is roll out the dough and spread butter over it. Next, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on it and roll it up. Cut it just like you would a cinnamon roll. Bake at 400 degrees until golden and delicious.

So very yummy.

And nostalgic.

I miss you like crazy, Gram.

No comments:

Post a Comment