Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Desk In A Milk Crate

I'm one of those people who loves to stack stuff on surfaces. If there's a chair in my bedroom, give me a week and you won't be able to see it for all the clothes heaped on top of it. When it comes to desk space, oh my, it's not a pretty sight. In our old house, we had a dedicated room for our office and The Hubster and I each had about 6 feet of desk space.

Not a good idea, for The Stackmaster...

So when we moved into our new house, I made a point of not making desk space for myself. It's always a looming pile of doom hanging over my head and I just didn't want to go there. So I didn't.

Junk mail, recipes and the 15 books I'm reading at any given time just have to find another place to live. Unfortunately, that ends up being the dining room table a lot of the time, so that poses a new problem.

Never fear, I have the solution! I started designating a milk crate as my desk about a year ago. When I want to go through coupons, or meal plan or something like that, I get out the crate and spread everything out. When I'm done, or even if I'm not, everything can easily go back into the crate if I need the space it's currently occupying. I can take it into the living room and plop down in front of the TV and sort through everything when I need something or when it starts getting a little unruly.

It has really worked for me! For more great tips, check out We Are That Family.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm..that is a great idea. I think I will try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I really like that idea. It may help me sort through some old photos and just return it when time is up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete