Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday - Birthday Edition

As of yesterday, I'm the proud momma of a beautiful 1 year old girl.  How exactly did that happen?  No, I know how that happened, I mean how did the year fly by so fast?  

Mind Boggling.

We celebrated on Sunday and there was lots of cake and ice cream.   And a frazzled mommy.  I didn't plan ahead as much as I should have, and spent a good part of the party running around. As I got the ice cream out of the deep freeze, I realized scooping wasn't going to be an option. At least, not one I was interested in.  I flashed back to the church potluck days and cutting the ice cream.  Yes.  That's what I would do.  "Do you have anymore cupcake wrappers?" Ginger asked.  Yes, I did.  "Put the ice cream on those."  She suggested.  So we did.  Then she shared the best birthday advice I've ever gotten.  (Which isn't saying much since I have one child who is 1 year old, so I'm not exactly an old pro or anything....)  She told me that her aunt scoops the ice cream before the party, puts it into the cup cake wrappers, puts it back in the freezer and when it's cake and ice cream time?  Pull out the ice cream, put it out with the cake and there you have it.  No mess, no fuss, no asking 20 people chocolate, vanilla or cherry?


Her aunt is obviously some kind of party genius.

This will be working for me from here forward.  I hope it works for you!

For more great tips, visit We are THAT Family for Works for Me Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. Simple, but so smart - I'm going to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome...what a great idea. I hope I remember that for our next bday bash.
    Happy Birthday little miss Chloe dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you put your thinking cap on for this one good tip

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing idea! I never like dishing up ice cream at parties. I am definitely using this idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog...and what a great idea with the ice cream and cupcake papers. I will definitely do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is just brilliant. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey nice! That's a great suggestion... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete