Friday, April 3, 2009

To wear, or not to wear... That is the question.

I want to be trendy.  I do.

I'll be celebrating My Double Sweet Sixteen this summer.  Do you think MTV will send their crews?  Yeah, me neither.  

Whatever.

Since my mid twenties, I've questioned myself every time I've attempted to wedge my thighs into jeans from the Junior section.  Ever since low rise swept the nation, I can't look back.  Let's face it, you are not finding low rise in the Misses section and certainly not in the Women's. They might say they're low rise, but they are not.  So, Juniors it is.  I just always wonder, what's the cut off age?  Some people think that if you can fit into it and look half way decent, that's all that matters.  I'm not gonna lie.  I'm as skinny as I've been in my adult life, and my legs look pretty hot in leggings.

Is that really enough reason to actually wear them, though?

Well, I bought some.  And when I put them on, I feel like a 12 year old.  At first, I didn't understand why, but finally, I realized that it's because the last time I wore leggings, I was 12 years old.  A ha!  Makes tons of sense to me now....

In addition to that, I remember how silly Madonna looked, despite the fact that she wasn't 12.

I guess I understand why my mom was always horrified when the 70's styles were all the rage. 

The best part about all of this is that I go over to Big Mama's for Fashion Friday today, and lo and behold - someone by the name of Rachel, not me, asks this exact question!  I love it.

According to Big Mama?  I should go for it.

I don't know.  I figure if I can't wear them with confidence, I shouldn't wear them at all.

There's no confidence in feeling like a 12 year old at my daughter's 1st birthday party.  I'm guessing it'll be a leggings-free party.  Unless my 16 year old sister wears hers. 



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I think you SHOULD go for it! :) You sound like you could totally pull them off. Me...not so much, only in my (skinny) dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever "What Not To Wear" comes back from commercial they always show a new fashion sign. I think the "Leggings Not Allowed after Age 18" should be a new sign they post! ; ) Show us those great gams in a cute pencil skirt instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leggings are great.... but I prefer them with a skirt (picture a cold day lol) rather than trying to do the whole (iffy) tunic thing. Oh, and leggings with a short skirt are *hot*... while still remaining modest... If you can't tell, overall I'm a fan of le leggings... ;P

    ReplyDelete