Monday, April 6, 2009

Some Random Catch Up and a Prayer Request...

I didn't wear the leggings. I found a shirt that was pretty much exactly what I wanted, and I wore it with jeans. I'm a bit of the type that gets a little crazy when hosting a party, so it's important to be comfortable. The party went really well, and while I loved celebrating my daughter - I'm glad it's over. Whew. I feel like I thought of nothing else for two weeks straight. Tomorrow I will be the proud momma of a beautiful one year old girl. Soon I will update my picture blog, where I keep my friends and family up to speed on Chloe's latest antics....  I'll let you know when I do.

We bought her a Baby Be Blessed Doll for her birthday.  You may recognize the name from Angie's blog, Bring the Rain.  That's where I found out about them, and really wanted Chloe to have one.  She isn't terribly interested in it yet, but I'm fine with it being on the shelf, for now. This is what is on the scripture patch: Chloe Earlene "Blooming Noble Woman" (that's the meaning of her name, isn't that so cool???  She's named after my great-grandma (mom's mom's mom) and my grandma (dad's mom).  I love it!) The verse we chose is Luke 18:16 Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."  I just love the doll and the whole concept behind them.  Check them out if you haven't.  

Speaking of Angie, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of Audrey's birth and death.  I know she would greatly appreciate any and all prayers you would lift up for her family.  Chloe shares a birthday with Audrey.  It's so sobering for me.  It has made me check many of my frustrations and difficulties at the door.  More than once I've sat in my grandma Earlene's chair (which I inherited when she died) at ridiculous hours of the night and morning, rocking Chloe and trying to comfort a baby that couldn't be comforted, and I would think of Angie and Audrey and realize that she would no doubt give every one of her earthly possesions, to pull an all nighter with a fussy baby.  It has really helped remind me to be thankful at times when I would otherwise be quite frustrated.  I'm honored to have been able to follow Angie's blog as she has navigated through this difficult time, all the while being so real about her brokenness, and extreme pursuit of her Savior through this journey.  It has been an amazing sight to behold and I thank God for her and for all He is to her and all He is doing through her. Please lift her up with me this week.


On a lighter note, I made Apricot Chicken in the crock pot for dinner tonight.  YUM.  Very easy and delicious.  It wasn't nearly as sweet as I thought it was going to be.  It was positively fantastic with brown rice.

Thanks for reading!  Have a great night.  See you tomorrow for the Idol recap.  I can't wait!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment