Friday, June 25, 2010

Super Delicious Summery Salad

I love love love beans. So. Bean salads? Oh yes, they make me happy. I'm also really kind of tired of pasta salads and potato salads. So, when my friend Grace (the one who looks EXACTLY like Lacey from American Idol) made this amazingly delicious salad last summer, it carved itself on my heart and I finally asked her for the recipe. And when I made it, angels sang, confirming what I already knew, this salad is heavenly.

The original recipe is here, but I will share my rendition.

  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1//2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans , rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 2 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
  • 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 6 green onions, thinly sliced


Combine the first 8 ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Toss the avocados in the dressing. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Finally, pour the avocados and dressing over the rest of the ingredients and mix well to coat. Enjoy!

What's you favorite summer time salad?



No comments:

Post a Comment