Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This Is Your Brain In Love By Dr. Earl Henslin

This is your brain in love, by Dr. Earl Henslin incorporates brain research with marrage counseling and explains many of those frustrating marital issues that directly impact the love life of married couples. The main premise of the book is that there are 5 types of imbalances that impact marriages. They are the Scattered Lover, the Over-focused Lover, the Blue Mood Lover, the Anxious Lover and the Agitated Lover. I found Dr. Henslin’s descriptions of the different imbalances very informative, and it was interesting to see where my husband and I fit. Much of the rest of the book, I found very technical and hard to read. The idea that many of the marital problems (and the five imbalances) stem from some sort of brain injury, although not necessarily serious, seemed very unlikely to me.

One of the things I really enjoyed about the book was the final chapter, The Secret To Lasting Love. I found the advice in this chapter to be very uplifting and I’m inspired!

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book, as a part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255


No comments:

Post a Comment