Friday, June 18, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies

I found this recipe while I was avoiding chocolate. They are not brownies, but they are SO GOOD! I made them again this week for our end of the year MOPS picnic, and several people made comments about the deliciousness...

Ironically, the site I found them on is called My Baking Addiction, and I would say that's pretty accurate. I could easily crawl into the 9 X 13 and spend the entire day with these delicious blondies...

The best thing about them is that all of the ingredients are things that I keep on hand. Including freshly grated nutmeg. (I triple puffy heart ::LOVE :: nutmeg.) This is a great recipe to throw to together for a last minute gathering or even for an impromptu snack.

From My Baking Addiction, I give you:

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Ingredients
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature (Half the time, I warm mine in 10 second increments in the microwave until it's softened but not melty.)
2 eggs, at room temperature (I normally use cold eggs.)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
a pinch nutmeg

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be very sticky
, I spread it out with my hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. ( I baked mine for 35, but I like my brownies/blondies chewy. My oven is also misbehaving, so start out at 25 min.) Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.

5. Feed them to your friends who will want this recipe.

6. Send them to my blog. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment