Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Does Not Work For Me Wednesday

Did I say that I was going to go low carb? Well, I must have been delirious. I hereby strike that one from the record. I was looking at the P90X diet and saw that carbs are your friends when you are working out a lot. Which compared to every other time in my life, right now I am. Couple that information with the sale on Asiago Cheese bread at VGs today, and you have the official end to my 2 day (One of which consisted of caramel apple pie - self-control? No, you have me confused with someone else.) low carb adventure.

I've decided instead to attempt to find balance. I'm such and all or nothing kind of girl, and I know it wouldn't be long before I switched gears from NO carbs to NO dieting whatsoever and possibly NO exercise, either. I so know how I roll.

So, the new plan. Greatly reduce my carb intake and make healthier choices, especially where carbs are concerned.

Dear Tim Horton, I think we might have to break up.

I know that I know that I know that if I completely deny myself of all of the things I love, I will never stick with it and the efforts that I put forth will be wasted anyway. My hope is to change some habits, tone up this ol' carcass and live in freedom, rather than be a slave to some diet.

Because, people, a life without carbs is not a life I'm interested in living. Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank God you woke up. :o) It was all a dream...rather, a nightmare. I knew you knew what I was saying the other day...and I'm sorry if I didn't (don't) seem supportive of the no carb/low-carb lifestyle. I just want to see you succeed and from what I know of you, this was a recipe for failure. :o( I'm very supportive of YOU getting HEALTHY and eating healthy!! :o) Hide the Pioneer Woman's cookbook for awhile...LOL!

    ReplyDelete