Thursday, August 12, 2010

No Pain No Gain

Running is one thing, but now I'm actually doing The 30 Day Shred. I have heard horrifying things about it, and it wasn't until a friend told me that it's only 20 minutes long that I even considered it. My work out buddy, L (also known as the most stubborn, refuses to quit, even when death is laughing at us hysterically, person I know), happens to own it and given her personality disorder where pain is concerned, she is the perfect person with whom to enter into that commitment. (Can't I just say to enter into that commitment with? Does that make me sound dumb? I am a rule follower by nature, so I feel compelled to follow the rules that I know. You're on your own for the many that I don't. Never mind that I majored in Language Arts, which is what we old farts used to refer to as English. Apparently.)

Anywho.

The girl is crazy. That's my main point.

I'm just going to be honest. I wasn't entirely on board the first day we did it. You see, I enjoy being able to move about the cabin without pain shooting through every muscle I have, including all of the ones that I didn't even know I had, since I haven't used them since 1999, when I had a short fling with Billy Blanks before the wedding. So. It's entirely possible that on Tuesday when Jillian said "engage those abs!" and whatever other things that I can't remember because I was terribly busy trying not to engage anything so that I could get out of bed the next day, I may not have followed the orders she was barking at us. I'm more interesting in easing into this one, Jillian. Unless of course you want to come take care of Chloe and empty my bed pan, I think my way will work best for the time being.

Today, I stepped onto the scale and realized I had gained two pounds (Curse you, Tollhouse and your cookie recipe of perfection! That I doubled.) since I first weighed myself last week for my starting weight for Operation Lose 10 lbs. by 10-10-10.

I may consider trying it Jillian's way.

I'll keep you posted. If I can type.

No comments:

Post a Comment