Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A New Way To Worship

I'm reading The Battle Belongs To The Lord, by Joyce Meyer. That woman is smart. And God is amazing. He is amazing in the way that He delivers what I need when I need it. He's never early. He's never late. He's always on time. Oh, how I love His timing.

Here is one of the paragraphs that has totally rocked my world and flipped the switch on how I worship:

If you are not the way you want to be in some area of your life, begin to worship God in that area. As you worship Him for any of the attributes of His character - His faithfulness, His loyalty, His goodness, His kindness, His love, His graciousness, His longsuffering, His slowness to anger, His plenteousness in mercy, His patience - whatever you worship Him for will begin to be manifested in your own character.

It works, yo. I've been doing it and am noticing such a huge difference.

This is my new theme song. I've loved it since the first time I heard it, but given my new mission in worship, it's pretty much my battle cry. If you're not familiar with the artists, they are Shane and Shane and if I had to pick one artist/group to listen to for the rest of my life, they would win hands down and I wouldn't think twice about it. I would miss David Cowder and Misty Edwards, but I wouldn't think twice about it.

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment