Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Favorite Weekend Of The Year

For the past four years, we have been invited to go sailing with an awesome group of friends. We have gone three of the four years and it has become the weekend that I most look forward to every summer. The other year would have required excessive amounts of quality time with a breast pump, so I decided to stay home. I was only slightly bitter...

My friend's parents have this fantastic sailboat that sleeps 8, and they are so kind to have us for a super fantastic fun filled weekend every summer. The first couple of years we sailed to Mackinaw Island, but this year we did something a little different. Normally, it's about a 45 minute trip and for me, that's a long time. I'm usually car sick by the time we even get to the marina, so sailing is actually a pretty risky adventure for me.

This year we ventured to a new destination, about 3 hours from Mackinaw City. Or 1 hour by car, which is how I opted to travel. It worked out really well, and while I didn't technically do much sailing, it was still really fun. The wind didn't cooperate much, so no one did much sailing, but I rode in style in Dr. C's BMW and met the rest of the group at the destination. To say I felt super cool would be an understatement of epic proportions.

So, I could say that I went sailing this weekend, but that would be lying. I slept on a sailboat and ate obscene amounts of snack foods while hanging out with friends on a sailboat, but I did not go sailing. It was still my favorite weekend of the summer. No question.

363 until the next sailing trip! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment