Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When Things Don't Go As Planned

This post could also be titled, Confessions of A Control Freak.  Catchy, right?

I'm such a planner.  I wish I wasn't.  I wish I was all, "Whatever, dude..." 

Not so.

So when I make plans, especially involving other people,  and then they fall through?  I'm not going to lie, my feathers?  They get a little ruffled.  Again, wishing I were more the "whatever, dude" type.  I think I would live longer, that's for sure.

I remember being in elementary school, and this one friend would always make plans with me and ALWAYS BAIL!  Usually, at the last minute, when it was too late to find something else to do.  That used to drive me nuts.  These days, I try to be super understanding when other people have things come up, or need to change plans.  Often times, it's a relief.  That way I don't have to leave the house...  ;)

No, these days, it frustrates me to no end, when I have to change plans involving other people. I hate that feeling of letting people down.  Unfortunately, the way I have dealt with this, is by not really making very many plans.  Probably not the best choice, but honestly, more often than not these days, when I make plans, I have to cancel them.  

It makes me think of these verses in James:

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 

So, Lord willing, I'll see you on here tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment