Sunday, January 17, 2010

Writer's Block

How annoying is writer's block? I finally get a chance to sit down and blog and can't think of any of the great ideas I've had over the past few weeks. I've tried writing ideas down in the past, but honestly - I feel like my best ideas come at night when I'm just about to fall asleep. You know the ones, the ones that are so good that you think you couldn't possibly forget them, even if you get the best sleep of your life.

Well, you would be wrong.

Or at least I am whenever I think that. This seriously happens more often than not.

One night, I actually turned the light on, grabbed a pen, that thankfully was right on my night stand, and jotted down a phrase that was supposed to be able to perfectly jog my memory the next morning. I forget now what it said, exactly, but what I remember clearly is this: It was worthless. The next day I looked at it and thought, "Yeah? So?" I had no idea what I meant and couldn't possibly think why I would have thought it was worth turning the light on to write down, let alone write a blog post about it.

Sigh.

Most mornings, after having a great idea and not bothering to write some cryptic (worthless) phrase, I just wake up thinking, hmmm.... another idea gone, never to be recovered.

Anyway - I share all of this to say that I once again would like to try to start blogging regularly. Probably not every day, but 3-4 times weekly would be really awesome. Anymore, when I think of Must Share... I think of things that I, well, just must share with you. Now if you come for the random and the witty, I'm sure there will be plenty for you. But I hope to start refining this blog a little and making it a little more predictable and helpful.

You know I can't resist blogging about American Idol, so I'll be doing that for sure. Trying my best to keep the snark factor to a minimum... ;) I've been in the mood to try some new recipes, so if I ever find my way to the grocery store,and come across anything I feel like I Must Share... then I will! For those of you that have visited The Trysting Place, I'm thinking of incorporating some of my Must Share... wisdom and revelation over here, rather than having a separate place. It's overwhelming to say the least and I've decided not to let myself be so obsessive about keeping things separated and categorized. This blog will now be all things that I feel I Must Share....

Make sense?

I hope you bear with me. I promise to carry a go-go gadget notepad every where I go, including my cozy bed, in an effort to capture all my totally brilliant ideas.

It's okay, you can chuckle.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment