Thursday, January 14, 2010

Egg Free Pancake Recipe

Once upon a time, I blogged about these amazing pancakes, because of the EXTREME yumminess.

Seriously with the yumminess.

Well, then I found out my daughter has a slight egg allergy, but her doctor did say to avoid things with egg in them. Not sure how one lives life without baked goods containing eggs, but then I suppose many would say that about going chocolate free and I survived awhile.

Barely.

Wow. Totally off point.

Pancakes, right. So, I went to the trouble of making some of these pancakes with eggs for us and some of them for Chloe without eggs, because as mentioned, Doc said avoid the eggs and I do what I'm told. I had my doubts about the quality of the egg free cakes, but then I got tired of the hassle and decided to abandon the eggs all together. And you know what? I really can't tell the difference. Fluffy? check. Flavorful? check. Superfantastically yummy? Check.

If you need to avoid eggs, or are just out of them - try this recipe. You'll be glad you did!

Egg Free Sour cream pancakes

Ingredients

1 ¾ cups flour

2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda

½ tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 ½ cups milk

  1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat together sour cream, butter and milk.
  3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until you form a smooth batter.
  4. Heat a griddle or pan to medium high heat and lightly grease with oil or butter.
  5. Pour the batter onto the hot griddle to form pancakes that are about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. Cook on each side until golden brown.
  6. Serve hot with maple syrup.
  7. Pinch yourself to make sure you haven't died and gone to International Pancake Heaven. You will not have, but you will need to pinch yourself just to be sure every time you make these.

I ALWAYS make a double batch of these and when I have tons of flour on hand, I also measure out two double batches of dry ingredients(which I put in freezer ziplock bags) to put in the freezer. Because A. I have a little of the OCD. B. I'm kind of lazy and would rather do the measuring for 6 batches at once. C. It makes it so easy to whip up the batter later. and D. They are just that yummy.

The double batch makes a lot of pancakes and they freeze and reheat really well.

Why haven't you turned on the griddle yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment