Monday, January 4, 2010

The Sweet By and By by Sara Evans with Rachel Hauck

What a blessing it was to read The Sweet By and By. This emotional and beautiful story of Jade Fitzgerald was a great read. As she is preparing for her upcoming wedding, Jade is forced to take a very heart wrenching walk down memory lane. What she finds at the end of that lane is so worth the pain it took to get there. Such a sweet and moving story about forgiveness, honesty and redemption. To quote Sara Evans, "It's about looking backward while moving forward." Who can't relate to that?

Anyone who has had to endure "mama-drama" from either side would connect with one or more of the quirky and lovable characters that Sara beautifully depicts. Overall, I would say that all of the characters were very relatable and very well written. For me, that's what keeps me glued to those pages. I find myself wanting to know what happens next.

I look forward to Sara's future endeavors, and will be passing this book on to my close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment