Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WFMW - Thawing Cool Whip Fast

I got a screamin' deal on some canned buttermilk biscuits the other day.  They were on fire sale, due to the "I burst into flames tomorrow" expiration date issue...  So I bought 6 cans.  And I had coupons.  he he he...  Who's laughing now Pilsbury Dough Boy?

I digress.

I had some canned biscuits to get rid of so I made a quick and oh so easy Strawberry Shortcake. The recipe could be my Works for me Wednesday tip.  Oh, SO EASY!

Canned buttermilk biscuits
frozen sliced and sugared strawberries
Kroger brand cool whip

Talk about easy.  I decided after dinner that I would whip this up.  I thought I had taken the cool whip out of the freezer yesterday, but I hadn't.  How to thaw the pesky frozen cool whip quickly????

Google.

So I floated the cool whip (in the container, of course) in cold water while I was baking the biscuits.  About 10 minutes was enough time to have plenty of mostly thawed cool whip around the edges.  It was enough for 2 helpings.  Okay, more like 4.  We like the cool whip over here... I'm guessing 30 minutes would have been enough time to thaw the whole thing.  Maybe warm water would have sped up the process a bit.

So there you have it!  10 minutes sure beats the 4 hours that the container recommends!

Click on over to We are THAT Family for more great tips!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, that happens to me, too. Thanks for passing the tip along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered how to do that....because of course I'm one of those who waits until the last minute and then have to wait on the cool whip to thaw! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great tip to know. I discovered just the other day that popping it in the microwave for a few seconds , like you would ice cream, does NOT work with cool whip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tip! Normally I'll just eat it a little frozen if it's not all the way thawed. :) You do whatcha gotta do! I'm using your tip from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating a little frozen is a great idea but not if you need to have something at church in 30 minutes and you are 15 minutes away. Thanks to EVERYONE for the tip and comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou thankyou thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! It worked!

    ReplyDelete