Monday, May 25, 2009

I hurt myself with the macaroni salad...

It was good.  I couldn't help myself...  I didn't even bother with the meat.  I literally ate two entire plates of assorted salads.  Don't judge me, okay?  I can't eat chocolate.  If pasta salad makes me happy, I will eat buckets of it.

What a great weekend.  It's kind of nice not having many plans on a holiday weekend. I mostly did what I wanted when I wanted.  Frank got a lot done.  Aside from partying a little too long (read: refusing to go to bed) on Friday night, Chloe had a great weekend, too.

I kicked off the weekend with a two hour massage on Friday afternoon.  Heavenly is putting it mildly.

I can't even remember what I did on Saturday morning... Maybe a little grocery shopping? Apparently, the massage induced coma lasted into the waking hours.  On Saturday evening, Frank golfed and Chloe and I hung out with Ginger, Joy and the boys...

Sunday we went to a new church.  That is a long story that I won't go into, but the moral of the story is when God tells you to do something, do it.  The same year that he tells you.  Not because bad things will happen if you don't, but because the right things will happen if you do.  I could be speaking prematurely, but it *might* be our new home...

After church, I got to break away for the afternoon.  I hit the outlet mall and got  a few new outfits.  That's always fun!  They had some screaming deals.  So I did what any creature of habit would do.  I bought the same things I already own, only in a size that insures that I don't wear them around my ankles...  Yep - I've lost some weight and have basically no shorts or capris that can be worn without a belt.  Synched tight.  Yesterday while shopping, I was wearing a pair of bermuda shorts that are too big.  I had a belt on, and they were still sagging.  I literally looked like one of the 13 year old boys that I used to teach, with my draws saggin' something fierce.  I was cracking myself up.  It was ridiculous.  

Enough of the play by play of my weekend.  I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats to know what happened today, right?  I ate a bucket of macaroni salad and then I exploded.  The end.

In other news, I found out my brother will be here on June 9th!  I cannot wait.  I haven't seen him in over a year.  In fact, I think it's been close to two years.  I was pregnant for Chloe the last time he was in town.  I can't wait to see him, but I am super excited about Chloe meeting her Uncle Matt for the first time.  I think they will be fast friends.  Just over two weeks!!!!!!

Well, I hope all of you found joy in the small stuff this weekend, too.  Salad,  clothes that fit, friendly faces and what not.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh pasta salad...yummmm...almost as good as buckets of chocolate, in a different sorta way. :) I, too, gorged on some pasta salad (bought a sicilian pasta (read: spicy!) and a deli pasta) and uhm, "exploded" (if what you are saying is what I'm thinking, ahhahahaha, TMI, TMI, TMI!!!) :) Ohhh good times....love me some pasta salads! Glad you got out to get some clothes, that's always exciting. Of course, simply losing weight is exciting for me (although it doesn't sound as exciting for you for some reason (read: spend more money)? Because see I have another wardrobe for when I lose a couple of inches...part of the "gained weight, now retired drawers". In fact, I think I'm covered for the next 60 pounds...*sigh*. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a pasta girl too, but i also like chocolate! I heard form Hether that you went to a new church. We visited that church on their open Sunday. It was treat.

    Great job at losing those pounds! It feels great to get new clothes!

    ReplyDelete