Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel?

To say I've been under the weather would be putting it mildly.  Three very unpleasant days, and hopefully the end is in sight.

I don't normally get the flu.  I was in and out of schools for about 5 years and never had an episode.  I'm still not convinced that it wasn't food poisoning.  Who knows?  

I'm not sure how I've managed to sustain life on the little food I've consumed in the last three days.  I've had 3 Popsicles, 2 jello cups, 8 crackers, 3 pieces of toast, 6 bites of noodles, and probably less than a cup of broth.  

Oh - wait... And a huge bowl of Raisin Nut Bran this morning.  Big mistake.  Not sure what I was thinking on that one.  Ugh.  Poor little intestines.  Sorry about that.  

I think I might be feeling better, finally.  I've been out of bed more than in today, so that's a bonus.  I'm praying I'm good as new tomorrow... Friday I begin my 6 day impression of a single mom.  Lord, give me strength.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are (semi) feeling better. Whenever I get sick, I get hit hard...or at least it seems that way to me. I'd start with eating light stuff like applesauce and some ginger ale (with a little bit of sugar to kill the carbonation). Good stuff, huh? LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete