Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Set your expectations low. Nope, lower than that.

Hey, ya'll.  Look who's back? Ta-Da!  I had a baby while I was away.  

I'm not sure what it is about having an infant that makes me want to blog, but here we are.  Maybe it gives the illusion of adult conversation. 

If you don't know me for realsies, you would have no way of knowing that I recently gave birth to the cutest boy on the planet.  But I did.  I basically haven't slept more than 6 hours in a row in approximately 6 months. Praying that changes soon.  I have vowed to enjoy the baby stage this time.  I've been doing pretty good with that, but I'm not gonna lie.  I'm stinkin' tired.  And there are times when I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a psychotic episode.  So, if your baby is sleeping 12 hours at night, that's awesome.  Just be really careful how you go about sharing that with me...  I am happy for you, no doubt about that, but if you ask me how he's sleeping and I say, not so good...  The next thing you say PROBABLY should not be, so he's not sleeping 12 hours?!?!?  As if to imply that there is something wrong with me, or worse yet, my precious, perfect, insomniac baby.  Unless you want your eye blackened, of course, than it's totally the right thing to say.  So, yeah...  Other than the fact that I may or may not be losing it? Totally enjoying it.

Ahem.  Moving on.

I'm hoping to get back to blogging semi regularly, but well - I think it would be poor judgement on your part to hold your breath.  I'll do my best, though. I'm not sure what exactly I'll be writing about, but I hope to include some depth, maybe some humor and I think we can definitely plan on a heap load of inconsistency.  I have full confidence in my ability to provide that for you.

You're welcome in advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment