Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FREEEEEDOOOOOOM!!!!

At the risk of sounding melodramatic...

Free at last, free at last!  Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.

I wonder if I will still feel that way in a week?  Or a month?

All I know is that I don't have to set an alarm for the next 2.5 months and that feels like freedom to me.

Speaking of alarms, I slept through mine today.  I started packing her lunch at 7:08 and my beloved morning person car pooler gets here at 7:10.  Good thing I can make a PBJ like a boss.

She was still not late for school, but that will teach me to toot my newly acquired punctuality horn when there is still a day of school left.  Let's not tempt Murphy, the little demon he is, and his stupid law. I should know better.  Blame it on the sleep deprivation.

So, WOOT for no more school.  Now if my other offspring would forage for berries in the night instead of bothering me with all his hungry whining, I might actually be able to get rid of the luggage under my eyes. I kid about the hungry whining, of course...  Lest any of my CPS worker friends read this.  Nothing to see here, people.  Move along.

Speaking of hungry whining... I'm not even convinced he's hungry.  I have to wonder if it's more of a habit, at this point. Many people report that 4 months or so has been the age that their babies suddenly sleep through the night. Soooo, here's hoping. 

All aboard the sleep train, Bubby!  Choo-choo!!!

Because really, what good is freedom without sanity?




1 comment:

  1. i really enjoy reading your blog Rachel. Blessings

    ReplyDelete