Saturday, June 6, 2009

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure...

Or, so they say.  Whoever they are, they obviously didn't hit the same garage sales that I did, today.

Junk is junk is junk.

I did find a few good things, paid 5$ for something, only to find it for 50 cents at the very next house, and got a screamin' deal on a PiNk! retro kitchen chair.  I'm not too sure what I'll be doing with that thing, but my husband says it has to go in my room.  hmmph.

As we were junkin' in the retirement village, I said something about hoping that the next sub sale had younger families, so I would be more likely to find stuff that I wanted.  As we walked through the "younger" sub, I realized all any of the "young people" wanted to sell was junk!  My mom said one of the wisest things...  She said, "I think the more money people have the less they want to part with their stuff."  Isn't that just the truth?  I will be thinking about that a lot...

I love all things glass.  Bowls, vases.  I bought 14 of those little juice glasses that I think were once jelly jars.  I don't know what it is about those little glasses, but I love them.  The lady only wanted $1.50 for all of them!  I thought that was a mighty fine deal.  

The more I think about it, the more I think my mom was right.  Older people, with or without money, understand at that stage in life that the things in life that matter the most aren't things at all.  

And I guess that is all that I have to say about that.


2 comments:

  1. YEah...anytime we'd hit up the "richy" subs out in the Plymouth/Northville area...it was all crap. Seriously, crap. LOL
    I can't wait to get a free weekend to go junkin' too!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Your so right. It is not about the items, it is about the people.

    ReplyDelete