Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WFMW - Freezing Garbage

Ever come home and think - Wow, there is a rotting carcass in my house. Awesome. -? Well, the real question is - what on earth is in the garbage? Meat wrappers (especially chicken, yuck) make for some very stinky garbage.

Here's what works for me. When I make chicken or anything else that might be especially stinky, I put the waste into a plastic grocery bag and pop it in the freezer. On garbage day (when I remember), I put it in the trash. No more stinky garbage!

Now, I should clarify. I have two deep freezers along with the one attached to the fridge. I can imagine that some people might not have lots of room, but if you do - give it a try!

For more great tips, check out Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family.

1 comment:

  1. Ya but the "when I remember" bit is key! I too have two deep freezers and I have done this before and then weeks later while looking for something come accross the tied bag, looked in and thought what the heck?! Now I just make sure I take stinky stuff out the green food recycling bin in the garage instead of leaving it in the house garbage.

    ReplyDelete