Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh Please, Make It Stop

I'm so cool, I blog on Friday nights.  While I wait for my bread to finish rising.  It's like Proverbs 31 woman meets the 21st century.  Except it's me, so maybe not.  My lamp goes out at night.  And often, during the day...

Anywho.

I was just reading this post over at Stuff Christians Like.  First I was horrified at the question that his little girl asked them at the dinner table.  Horrified because I remember those feelings, and horrified because when I said I wanted a girl, I forgot about stuff like that.

I continued reading (if you haven't clicked over, you should.) and realized how relevant his point is to my life.  Always, but especially right now.  

I had an episode last night that I would be horrified to recount to anyone, let alone anyone and everyone with the ability to read, so I won't go into specifics, but suffice it to say, I was left feeling like less than a good mom.

Now, I know better than that.  I know that I'm a great mom.  Perfect?  Of course not, but I don't have reason to sit around feeling like I'm a terrible mom.  I also know what God thinks of me and the very fact that he has entrusted me with the precious jewel that is Chloe?  He obviously thinks I've got skillz.  The trap I always find myself falling into when it comes to worth is this:  I want other people to validate me.

That is a no no. This I know know.  But I want it so bad I can cry.

Anyone else?  What is that?  And more importantly how do you make it stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment