Thursday, September 10, 2009

Breaking News

At least it was this morning.

Ellen?

On American Idol?

I don't know what to think about this new development.

I'm not even gonna lie, despite all of the teasing I did here, here and here, I'm not sure American Idol is going to be American Idol with out Pauler.  I was actually sad, when I first heard she may not be staying with the show, and very surprised when it turned out to NOT be a publicity stunt. (Or if it was, it appears to have backfired.)

If I got to pick my very own personal perfect replacement, I don't have a clue who that would be.  What I know, is it most certainly wouldn't have been Ellen.  Not because I don't love Ellen, because I do.  I think she is truly a delight.  I just never would have pictured her at that table.

I'm not saying I think it's a bad choice, just a highly unlikely and rather peculiar one.  I hope she surprises me and makes it better than it's ever been.

I don't see that happening, but I've been wrong before.

One thing is for sure, she will fill Paula's shoes when it comes to the dancing at the judging table. Let's just hope she doesn't try to straddle it like she does her little coffee table.  That would be way over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment