Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nemrey Berses

At our last MOPS meeting, our speaker mentioned that she started her kids working on Scripture memory at age 2 -3. I'm still trying to figure out why I hadn't already started this, but we have been hard at work ever since.

For those of you that didn't already know, Chloe is a genius.

I'm in no way biased.

Seriously, though. She is doing an incredible job of "nemorizing berses" at the speed of light. We started with Philippians 4:5 "Let your gentleness be evident to all; The Lord is near." Or - "Let your genlemess be ebident to all: The Lord is near." - if you read the Chloe version. I can hardly stand the cuteness of it all. I was floored by how quickly she picked up on it.

Our next verse (berse) was Ephesians 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." I didn't even realize she knew this one until the other day when she was supposed to be taking a nap, but she was actually reciting her berses to her stuffed animals. I heard her say "6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." I couldn't even believe it. I think that was Tuesday and we had just started that one on Sunday. We may have worked on it 5 times.

Next up are:

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

and

Philippians 2:14 "Do everything without complaining or arguing."

I love that I am learning these verses, too! Most of these I would say I knew, but I wouldn't be able to tell you where they were without the help of Biblegateway.com or leafing through my Bible for 5 minutes.

Anyone have any suggestions for great verses for kids to learn?

2 comments: